- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- seasoning to taste; ~ 1tbsp for saute
- 1 bag chopped celery
- 2/3 bag peeled carrots, chopped
- 2 cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (16 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits (8 Count)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cut the onions, set aside. Chop celery and carrots, set aside.
- On 6-quart Instant Pot®, select SAUTE; adjust to custom temperature 3 bars. Melt butter in insert. Add onions, poultry seasoning and salt; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. When onions are soft and start turning clear, select CANCEL.
- while #2 is cooking, dice the chicken
- Stir in celery and carrots. Stir in broth and chicken. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 2 minutes. When finished, select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
- While #4 is cooking (about 10 minutes): separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Set Instant Pot® to SAUTE, custom temperate 2 bars. Stir in whipping cream; heat to simmering. Stir in biscuit pieces; cook 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until dumplings are cooked through and liquid thickens. Add salt & pepper, seasoning to taste.