A 3/4-ingredient dessert recipe, super simple and fairly quick: fruit chimichangas.
The recipe is simple: roll a little burrito with fruit pie filling, fry it, and roll it in cinnamon sugar. Serve with ice cream, or just monch
- Can of pie filling
- Peach is good, but mild
- Apple is a crowd favorite
- Medium tortillas
- cinnamon sugar
- Toothpicks & vegetable oil (for frying)
- If desired, prep the pie filling by simmering with brown sugar or extra cinnamon
- Roll about 1-2 spoons of filling into a tortilla. Fold over about 1/3, fold in the sides, then fold the other 1/3
- Secure with a toothpick
- Fry in hot oil until deep golden brown
- let cool to touch; remove the toothpick
- roll in cinnamon sugar
Each person will eat 1-2, maybe more. They make good finger food, but can also be served with light ice cream.