note: working title
Wiiceiver has been awesome -- it lets people use an inexpensive wireless nunchuck + standard ESC to drive their skateboard. But the internet is running out of nunchucks, and there are some features still missing.
Wiiceiver X is a two-module system, controller ("Chuck") + receiver ("Board"):
- wireless, ergonomic, rechargeable handheld controller w/ battery status
- receiver module with battery disconnect, current & voltage measurement, and servo (ESC) output.
- fully hackable: exposed pins on both units, standard NRF24L01+ transmitters, simple bidirectional communication
Wireless Chuck features:
- LEDs for board battery status
- configuration interface for the receiver (same as Wiiceiver's configuration routine)
- channel bonding & checksumming for managing cross-talk: board <-> chuck will share a provate channel, up to 100 channels available
Receiver / Board features:
- LEDs for management / troubleshooting
- channel bonding to a chuck
- on/off ESC power management & voltage monitoring
- up to 4 ESC outputs (any can also serve as BEC connector)
- When will it be available?
- I don't know, I'm working on it now. Probably $75
- How much will it cost?
- see #1
- Can I install it in my own skateboard / go-kart / unicycle project?